Organization: GSG, Inc.
Title: GIS/OMS Analyst
Location: Longwood, FL USA
Government Services Group is seeking candidates to support the GIS program and the work management system, for a regional water and wastewater utility provider in Florida. The primary work station of this position will be in Longwood, Florida. Some travel to the regional offices will be required.
In addition to the minimum qualifications identified below, the ideal candidate will be innovative, a quick learner, positive minded, a problem solver, a self-starter, productive, thorough, punctual, detail oriented, able to work with minimum supervision, and possess a strong work ethic. This will be a long-term program that your career can grow with.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Developing, updating, and maintaining ArcGIS spatial data needed for integration into Cartegraph OMS.
* Query, extract, and organize asset data for GIS analysis and thematic mapping.
* Developing GIS Applications for internal users.
* Preparing and publishing GIS services for use in online GIS.
* Update and maintain spatially related customer database.
* Provide general GIS mapping, analysis, and technology support for internal staff.
* Mapping utility and other fixed assets from CAD files, record drawings, plan sets and other sources.
* Participate in developing methodologies to improve the spatial accuracy of assets and validating asset attribute data.
* Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
* Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities as necessary.
* Good internal customer service skills with the ability to listen, communicate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with non-technology-based operations staff.
* Ability to critically think about technical problems and work diligently to resolve them in a timely manner.
* Ability to interpret aerial imagery, and other photogrammetric products.
* Ability to read and interpret utility engineering drawings.
* Either a bachelorís degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering or a closely related field plus two years of professional GIS work in utilities or infrastructure that includes some work experience in asset management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of an associateís degree in a related field and four years of qualifying experience).
* Working knowledge of Esri ArcGIS products, including working with Enterprise ArcSDE GIS data, Data Interoperability, and ArcGIS Online.
* Basic knowledge of the principles of asset management.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Valid driverís license.
* Experience with Cartegraph or similar asset or work management software.
* Experience working with Enterprise ArcSDE GIS data and ArcGIS Pro.
* Experience working with DWG CAD files
* Knowledge of the water and wastewater utility industry.
To officially apply for this position, please visit:
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse