Organization: City of Wenatchee
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Wenatchee, WA USA
$4,274 - $4,947/Month
Essential Job Functions
• Performs digital and web-based cartography and data management utilizing geographic information systems (GIS) and related technologies.
• Supports GIS services for City and public use.
• Provides excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains positive relations with the public and coworkers. Responds to requests for information retrieval from GIS in a timely manner.
• Performs online and mobile GIS development and maintenance procedures.
• Provides staff operational training and support for GIS services, applications and procedures.
• Summarizes information from maps, databases, construction plans, reports and field investigations.
• Supports asset management systems for user support, form customization, utility infrastructure and GIS-related components.
• Performs field data collection, correction and validation in combination with GPS equipment, utility records and GIS software.
• Performs 3D GIS and raster conversion, analysis and mapping.
• Assists in evaluating existing data, needs of existing and potential user groups and platforms or systems needed to meet established GIS program goals.
• Assists with online GIS development and maintenance procedures.
• Performs data entry and conducts information searches.
• Researches and assembles ownership, title and tax records for annexation and local improvement district projects.
• Maintains organized project records and provides timely progress reports.
• Provides support for GIS related components of future permitting software.
• Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, environmental science, civil engineering or another related field.
• One (1) year of experience in GIS. Municipal experience in Public Works preferred.
• Field experience using GPS surveying equipment and coordinate systems.
• Current WA State Driver License.
City of Wenatchee Government
The City of Wenatchee is a full service City employing 180 employees. In addition to Public Works, other services provided include Police Department, Community Development, Executive Services, Finance, Information Systems and Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services. The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government with seven council members serving at large. Active boards and commissions advise the City Council with governance.
The City of Wenatchee is home to 33,921 people with approximately 70,000 living in the greater Wenatchee urban area. Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys wonderful abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life. Furthermore, the city is only 30 minutes from the renowned resort towns of Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. For those desiring occasional amenities of major metropolitan areas, Seattle is a short scenic 3 hour drive or 30 minute flight away making Wenatchee very attractive to many people and families relocating from the Puget Sound area.
Find out more about the City at https://www.wenatcheewa.gov. Some of the tourism highlights of the region can be viewed at https://www.visitchelancounty.com/ and http://wenatchee.org/. Our historic downtown is a nationally recognized Main Street with an active downtown association https://wendowntown.org/.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov and click on ‘Job Opportunities’ to view the full Job Description and download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package:
1. Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
3. Application for Employment
4. Supplemental Application
Complete application packages may be emailed ([email protected]), faxed (509-888-3636), or mailed to: City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519 Wenatchee, WA 98807-0519.
Initial Review Date: 3:00 P.M., Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Open until filled.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse