Organization: Innovate! Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst/Developer_R9
GIS Analyst- R9 Offsite
Innovate! Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as a GIS Analyst. Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software. Familiarity with Python and other object-oriented programming languages, web deployment techniques, database management, and digital cartography is a real plus.
You will be responsible for working with a core team to manage large and small GIS projects for environmental applications. You may be called upon to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of geospatial applications through concept, design, and implementation phases.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
· Interface with on-site clients to assist in the development of map visualizations and applications for use in the field.
· Manage the structure of geospatial datasets in enterprise libraries. This includes standardizing and documenting workflows and metadata in compliance with FGDC standards.
· Serve as a technical expert with the ability to assist clients on their small and large-scale projects.
· Automate tasks to improve efficiency in daily workflows calling on Python libraries and VBA scripts.
· Implement standards to maintain non-spatial, operational data and files.
· Maintain a positive relationship with our clients by delivering cutting-edge technology and managing projects from the planning stage to delivery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to work with ArcGIS Desktop and Pro tools, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Online.
· Must have experience with Python.
· Strong background in data management.
· Ability to manage GIS data within at least one of the following: file geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase.
· Ability to use environmental data and developing applications for visualization, analysis and presentation of environmental data.
· Ability to produce GIS applications in ArcGIS Online.
· Experience with mobile GIS data collection and GPS accuracy standards.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail with a keen sense of cartographic principles and digital design.
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quick turnaround maps, application prototypes or deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience implementing GIS using ArcGIS software.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Innovate! Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company passionate about the dynamic benefits of providing effective management consulting, IT support, and geospatial technology for the federal government. We believe that thinking innovatively can achieve positive results in organizations that lead to cultural and business change. This belief and our ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions were recognized with Innovate being named 2012 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outstanding 8(a) Small Business of the Year. Innovate is a fast-paced, rapidly growing group of entrepreneurs creating a culture of excellence. Rapid advancement within our organization is not only possible it is encouraged.
To view our website, visit www.innovateteam.com.
Innovate! Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active-Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on our Career page: Innovate Public Job Board. Your cover letter must include your salary requirements (residents of MA are exempt from this request). If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 703.922.9090 x5.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse