Organization: City of Healdsburg
Title: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Application Deadline: 2021-10-31
The City of Healdsburg is currently recruiting for the opportunity of GIS Technician in the Information Technology Services Division of the Administrative Services Department! Apply today at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/healdsburgca/
The first review of applications will occur on October 11, 2021. Please contact the Human Resources Team with any questions via email at [email protected] or via telephone at 707-431-3322.
The GIS Technician will perform oversight, support, maintenance and development of the GIS infrastructure, servers, and related database(s) including new and existing layers and using applications in LAN/WAN. The GIS Technician will guide the implementation and integration of GIS products across the organization. This position plays a vital role in assisting the IT Manager and Department Heads regarding GIS needs and requirements including; identifying, designing, and developing GIS applications, strategies, and procedures for the display and access of geospatial data. The City maintains a robust compliment of existing GIS data with an increasing need for integration with other systems and oversight to ensure continuing successful deployment including facilitating maintenance of the data by all departments.
We encourage you to join a team of skilled, dedicated, professionals who are responsible for technology policy guidance, city wide technology project and infrastructure management, securing our technology systems and data, ensuring connectivity between our city facilities, data backup and disaster recovery, and end user help-desk and support.
By joining our team at the City of Healdsburg, you can take advantage of our amazing benefits, such as low to no cost health insurance premiums, CalPERS retirement pension, a great work/life balance and generous paid time off! The GIS Technician is eligible to earn a salary range of $6,645.36 - $8,078.23 per month.
GIS Technician Position Overview
• Perform support, maintenance, enhancement and development of the GIS systems and infrastructure and related database(s) including new and existing layers and using applications in LAN/WAN and related components
• Develop, design and maintain GIS system, layers, user applications, databases, collection tools and dashboards
• Provide ad-hoc geographic data manipulation; perform special analysis for all facets of the City’s GIS including the vector and attribute information and system interfaces
• Perform data and application management and administration on a day-to-day basis, edit and migrate data to new layers; keep data current and accurate; use web-based map querying capabilities; download patches as needed
• Hands-on usage of ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of applications and MapObjects geographic information software
• Create customized application, end user tools, efficiency enhancements, and user interfaces using various scripting and programming languages
Experience: Three years of responsible GIS technology experience. Education: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in GIS, geography, computer science or a related field.
License and Certificate: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License is required at the time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be considered for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse