Organization: Abt Associates
Title: Software Developer (Environmental Applications)
Abt Associates seeks a Software Developer with a strong background in both geospatial computing and application development to support Federal government clients focused on environment and natural resources. Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to seek novel solutions to technology and business problems and the flexibility to acquire the necessary skills for implementation. Analytical thinking and interest in working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment that includes developers, geospatial analysts, data scientists, UX designers, environmental scientists, economists, planners, and policy specialists is important for this position.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and write software including new features and performance improvements.
- Develop robust solutions that meet business requirements with attention to impacts and interactions on broader project objectives.
- Collaborate with project team and clients to understand the requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Research new technologies to align with project requirements.
- Contribute to the development team on code quality, development workflow, test strategy, test coverage, and best practices.
- Conduct code reviews and code fixes (related to both functionality and security scans).
- Participate in knowledge sharing with the Abt technology community and support client demos as needed.
- Geospatial expertise, including experience with network and routing algorithms.
- Experience developing APIs. GraphQL experience preferred.
Full stack experience developing with NodeJS, Docker, Git.
- Data intensive web application development experience, including Angular and/or React with database backends preferred.
- Oracle Spatial experience preferred.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Background in computer science, math, physics, geography, GIS, or related discipline preferred.
Bachelorís Degree + Two years of relevant experience, or Masterís Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Please visit our website, abtassociates.com to apply!
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse