Organization: City of Arlington, Tx - Public Works & Transportation
Title: Asset System Analyst
Location: Arlington, Tx
Application Deadline: 2021-11-30
SALARY: 48,671.00 - 60,839.00 Salary USD
Under general direction, maintains and administers City asset condition and attribute information in the asset management system and performs analysis and makes recommendations concerning these assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ability to provide project life cycle management as it relates to the development of Public Works assets, including building asset data by transforming and integrating existing data, creating new data collection plans, testing new technology, documenting processes, and performing change management tasks.
Ability to analyze and research data utilizing the asset management system to prepare cost projections, condition/aging analysis, and specialized reports and maps for staff and City Council.
Ability to integrate and update asset management system with completed maintenance and rebuild projects from the work management system and develop proposed maintenance and rebuild lists.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ability to provide back up to the Asset System Administrator.
Ability to perform regular administration of specific asset management modules, and work with other staff to complete or coordinate required system maintenance, modifications, and upgrades.
Ability to develop asset-related training materials and provide technical support to department staff
Ability to conduct new user and refresher training for users of asset management modules.
Ability to keep abreast of and communicate to management industry topics with regards to asset management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) concepts.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of GASB34 regulations.
· Knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques and practices.
· Knowledge of research and analysis methods and survey techniques.
· Knowledge of information system design and implementation techniques.
· Knowledge of report writing concepts.
· Knowledge of asset management and work management systems and concepts.
· Knowledge of project management.
· Skill in entering data via computer at an efficient speed with few errors.
· Skill in effectively communicating verbally and in writing.
· Skill in using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc).
· Skill in training users in groups and one-on-one sessions.
· Ability to learn various storm water infrastructure types.
· Ability to learn other various City assets.
· Ability to learn public sector operational techniques.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Applied Geography plus one (1) year experience in technology implementation and ongoing project management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Experience working with asset management systems, ArcGIS and various databases, including Microsoft SQL Server, is highly preferred. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse