Organization: Houston Engineering, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyts
Location: Maple Grove, MN USA
Application Deadline: 2022-01-31
GIS Analyst (entry level)
Location: Maple Grove, MN
At Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI) we are scientists, engineers, GIS specialists, programmers, and surveyors providing innovative and practical leading-edge science-based solutions to public, private, and non-profit clients. Within our growing HEI geo sector (http://www.heigeo.com/web-development), we specialize in development of web, mobile and GIS applications for a variety of clients around the U.S. Our work is conducted from multiple offices throughout the Midwest, but our reach goes well beyond the Midwest. Our unique perspectives on integrating GIS and web technology with engineering and science has made us a leader in the development of water resources applications.
Currently we have an immediate opening for a GIS Analyst in our Maple Grove, MN office.
This position is responsible for performing entry level professional GIS duties while assisting engineers, surveyors, and environmental scientists with their daily activities. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of GIS. Essential duties will include collect, manage, create, and edit spatial data for incorporation into analyses, graphics, maps, and projects.
- Strong knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS desktop software for map generation and data creation
- 1 year experience in the GIS field using ArcGIS desktop software
- Exceptional cartography skills
- Experience with Model Builder or Python
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Ability to stay current on GIS technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Minimum 2-year degree in GIS from an accredited technical college or program
- Experience with raster GIS or ESRIís spatial analysis extension
- Knowledge of python scripting or model builder for ArcGIS Desktop
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, AutoCAD, and enterprise spatial databases
- Preferred experience with water resources or environmental related projects
- Previous experience working in a consulting firm a plus
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Come join our team and see why HEI has been selected as one of Prairie Business Magazine 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
To apply, please visit www.houstoneng.com/careers or contact [email protected] with any questions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse