Organization: Austin Peay State University
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Clarksville, TN
The Geographic Information Systems Analyst performs several primary GIS functions including maintaining GIS datasets, compiling databases, digitizing and compiling maps, and assessing informational requirements of GIS Center clients and partners. The position works under the supervision of the GIS Director.
Austin Peay State University is a four-year public, doctoral-level university, with six colleges and four Chairs of Excellence. The Univesity has an enrollment of over 10,000 students and is located in Clarksville, Tennessee, a community of an estimated 150,287 people located approximately 40 miles northwest of Nashville, TN.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- GIS mapping and geodatabase design with current GIS Projects.
- Maintain GIS datasets and workflows
- Update and maintain GIS files and maps.
- Produce technical writings and presentations related to GIS/GPS technology.
- Work with various center partners on GIS projects.
- Prepare and maintain cartographic maps.
- Develop new GIS applications and scripts.
- Work with students on GIS projects and supervise as needed.
- Update city and county GIS clients on a regular basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a personal computer and associated software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use ESRI ArcGIS Software.
- Experience with routing, geocoding, and addressing standards
- Ability to cooperate, work well, and get along with supervisors, coworkers, students, the University community, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively supervise students.
- Ability to document workflows accurately.
- Ability to learn new software programs as related to - Center and client needs.
- Ability to use GPS equipment and software.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorís degree in Geography, GIS, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- GIS work experience
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, GPS equipment, and software programs.
- An official transcript and names and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the successful applicant.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Please apply at: https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/13594
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse