Organization: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Title: Staff Geospatial Scientist
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in GIS design, cartography, and data management? SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an mid-level Staff Geospatial Scientist for our Eastern Region. This position will support both our Natural and Cultural Resource programs but may include collaboration and support from other SWCA GIS Regional Teams. This position has the potential to be remote, but must be in proximity of one of our offices listed in the job posting: US-ME-Portland | US-MA-Westborough | US-MA-Amherst | US.
- Act as the main GIS point of contact for projects and coordinate directly with project managers and clients to meet project deadlines
- Work with the GIS Team Lead to prepare field equipment, maps, and data dictionaries for field staff; post-process and manage field data; and create map products using established protocols and templates
- Help support GIS/cartographic capabilities by creating complex final map products supporting cultural, natural, paleontological, and other environmental resource projects using the Esri ArcGIS suite of software
- Support GIS workload with the team to ensure that productivity goals are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Maintain a collaborative work environment between project managers and GIS staff
- Help ensure quality of work is consistent with SWCA's standards and practices alongside other GIS team members
- Use ESRI ArcGIS software, primarily ArcGIS Pro, for editing data, analyses, and cartography, including the use of geoprocessing tools, symbolizing features, importing/exporting a wide range of data and file types, and producing report quality and field maps in a reasonable amount of time
- Data management and support for a variety of handheld GNSS units using Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123 for ArcGIS, Trimble Pathfinder Office, and other tablet apps
- Help design, create, maintain, and QA/QC geospatial databases using ArcGIS, Microsoft Excel, and peripheral software
- Provide QA/QC review of GIS calculations, navigation files, field maps, and report maps
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science or related field with an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience beyond university attendance with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using software applications (e.g. Windows Explorer, Excel, Access, ESRI ArcGIS)
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS Pro 2.x and ArcMap 10.x as well as knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS
- Prior work in environmental consulting, with experience in the application of GIS to cultural or natural resources management
- Prior experience working with federal land agencies such as the USFWS, NPS, BLM, BOR, BOEM, USGS
- Completed all GIS-related aspects of a project, from pre-field preparations, to geospatial analyses, to final report maps and calculations
- Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-related analyses or modeling techniques applied on projects
- Prior knowledge and experience creating database schemas, domains, ArcServer/web applications, network analysis, knowledge of Python, .NET, Java, PHP, HTML
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email [email protected] or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/NaX4WLFl2zQ8sonjCAr6M
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse