Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: Data Technician
Innovate!, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual self-starting individual with a “let me at” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule, to join our geospatial solutions team as a Data Technician.
Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants. You will be responsible for working with a core team to manage large and small projects for environmental applications. You may be called upon to assist with the day-to- day GIS/IT staff with data entry, documentation, and other project needs.
· Develop and write documentation for various processes.
· Prepares and tracks pertinent records and maintains data.
· Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) of data entered into the database.
· Performs data entry of information into a variety of systems and reviews data for integrity and discrepancies.
· Responsible for help coordinating employee events.
· Assist other IT staff as needed with other duties as assigned.
· Assist in business development efforts when needed.
· Serves a single client or multiple clients as directed by project managers
· Assignments are received in objective-oriented terms. Assists in providing leadership to the client and/or peers based on contract goals and client/company policy. Work is reviewed by supervisors or managers in terms of meeting contract objectives and schedules.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Great attention to detail and could work independently
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word; Access is desirable).
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
· Skills to communicate in a professional manner with internal and external customers
· Highly organized and self-motivated
· A minimum of a year of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop experience
· Ability to understand project scheduling, productivity impacts, and bring fresh thoughts and ideas to processes and workflows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma + a combination of one to five years of continuing education, or trade school and/or related experience is required. Ability to qualify for specific labor categories for a given client
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
Capable of remaining in a sedentary position for long periods. Ability to communicate via the computer and telephone. Ability to travel to client sites.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Innovate! Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company passionate about the dynamic benefits of providing effective management consulting, IT support, and geospatial technology for the federal government. We believe that thinking innovatively can achieve positive results in organizations that lead to cultural and business change. This belief and our ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions were recognized with Innovate being named 2012 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outstanding 8(a) Small Business of the Year. Innovate is a fast-paced, rapidly growing group of entrepreneurs creating a culture of excellence. Rapid advancement within our organization is not only possible it is encouraged.
To view our website, visit www.innovateteam.com.
Innovate! Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active-Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on our Career page: Innovate Public Job Board. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 703.922.9090 x5.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$14.00 - $17.00 per hour
To learn more about Innovate’s benefits, please click here: Benefits
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse