Organization: Texas A&M Forest Service
Title: Geospatial Developer
Location: College Station, TX or other suitable location
Texas A&M Forest Service is seeking a highly motivated team member who has passion for geospatial web development. This individual will be part of an integrated team that works to deliver tools and information to support the agency mission of assuring the state's trees, forests and related natural resources are protected and sustained.
General summary: Design, develop, test, document, deploy, and maintain responsive web and/or mobile applications using principles that promote good user experience and meet or exceed accessibility guidelines. Development work will contribute to the continuing advancement of the Texas Forest Info website (http://texasforestinfo.com) and other agency projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, spatial science, geography, management information systems, or natural resource field.
- Minimum of 2 years in design and development of web, mobile, and/or database applications including at least 1 year in geospatial applications. A graduate degree in one of the required fields of study may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of responsive web design.
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing geospatial and non-geospatial backend services using .Net (C#) and Python.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Constructive participation in critiques of own work and work of others.
- Ability to communicate work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Esri/ArcGIS technology suite.
- Knowledge of TypeScript.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX/UI design principles and implementation.
- Demonstrated visual and graphic design skills.
- Skilled in prototyping and wireframing software (Adobe Creative Suite or comparable).
- Experience with collaborative technologies such as git and github.
- Experience with or interest in natural resources, especially forestry.
- Grow professionally by attending conferences and taking advantage of learning resources.
- Make meaningful contributions as an integral part of a cohesive team.
- Develop leadership skills and experience.
- Explore new technologies and help development team stay on cutting edge.
- Move up quickly with established career ladder for position and corresponding substantial pay increases.
- Work on a wide variety of projects, with ability to provide input on all phases of development.
- Participate in non-development oriented projects, such as unmanned aerial systems, innovative technology, and emergency response support.
- Help determine direction of agency’s geospatial development work.
- Interact and collaborate with professionals across a broad array of forestry-related disciplines, including urban and community forestry, forest inventory and analysis, forest health, forest management, and wildland fire.
- Contribute to the sustainability of natural resources in Texas and beyond.
Texas A&M Forest Service offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and health and lifestyle programs. For more information about Texas A&M Forest Service and our careers, please visit https://tfsweb.tamu.edu/careers. Come grow with us!
Application procedure: Job will be open until filled. To apply, complete an application accessed from https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TFS_External/job/Geospatial-Developer-I_R-047753.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse