Organization: Southern Nevada Health District
Title: Public Health Informatics Scientist (GIS Developer)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
The Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) announces an examination process to create an eligibility list to fill two (2) vacancies for the classification of Public Health Informatics Scientist in the Informatics Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to four (4) months.
To apply informatics principles and methods to ensure effective design, use and management of information systems for clinical care, disease surveillance and public health reporting; provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the Public Health Informatics Manager, Division Directors, and the District Health Officer.
Note: This recruitment will close on or before the closing date listed above once a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the position and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about SNHD and our Healthy Southern Nevada Initiative.
Education and Training:
• Equivalent to at minimum a master’s degree from an accredited school with a focus in health informatics, clinical informatics, computer science, public health, data science or a related field; PhD or MD preferred.
• No experience required at the PHIS I entry level.
License or Certificate:
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Nevada driver's license.
• GIS analytics experience strongly preferred
• Data visualization/dashboard development and support experience preferred
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
• Completed Employment Application
Structured Panel Interview Best Qualified Candidates (Weighted 100%)
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times after the closing date of this announcement.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse