Organization: geocgi, LLC
Title: GIS Solution Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA
geocgi is looking for a GIS Solution Engineer to work closely with our federal customers to manage and develop Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Enterprise solutions. This position is a hybrid remote position. The candidate will be able to work from home but will be expected to meet customers and co-workers occasionally at our office in Alexandria, VA. The ideal candidate will be experienced designing and building multi-tier enterprise geospatial systems and web applications. The ideal candidate is an active listener with experience translating customer requirements into enterprising and innovative geospatial solutions. The candidate will be able to propose creative geospatial solutions while maintaining compliance with the customer’s security posture. To perform the duties of the GIS Solution Engineer successfully, the candidate must be:
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Mostly remote and work from home arrangements, with in-person office hoteling and on-site customer interactions as needed, 1 - 2 times a month.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
• Flexible work hours and PTO.
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
• US Citizen
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or IT related field
• 7 years’ experience as a GIS Professional
• Extensive experience with Esri products including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, WebApp Builder, and Experience Builder
• Demonstrated history managing ArcGIS Server and map, feature, image, and geoprocessing services
• Familiarity with project management methodologies (Traditional/Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• Experience with ETL and other data transformation solutions
• Highly collaborative with a desire to train and work closely with others
• Esri Enterprise Administration Technical Certification (Preferred)
• Comp TIA Security+ Certification (Preferred)
• DoD Secret Clearance (Preferred)
Please use the link below to apply:
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse