Organization: Aiken County Govt
Title: GeoServices Manager
Location: Aiken County, SC
POSITION: GeoServices Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SALARY: Grade N26 - $55,197 - $77,275 (DOQ)
This position is accountable for the County’s centralized geospatial data assets, 911 Addressing, drone program and property boundary systems by setting direction, ensuring quality, deciding policy and technical issues, and coordinating with County departments, state and city governments, surveyors, consultants and vendors.
Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned.
1. Management – This position provides general daily oversight and coordination of the County’s centralized GeoServices functions to ensure proper administration, creation and utilization of all County geospatial data assets, 911 addresses and County drone program. Plans for GeoServices growth and provides recommendations for the annual program budget.
2. Data Integrity – This position coordinates geospatial data creation, maintenance and integration with County departments to ensure consistency, efficiency and effective utilization throughout the County government. Requires understanding or ability to interact with County departments and other stakeholders to understand needs and provide guidance in Geospatial areas.
3. Aerial Photography, Software and Atlas – The incumbent is responsible for obtaining aerial photography periodically to facilitate County mapping, tax assessment, planning, addressing, emergency/disaster response, and other functions of multiple departments. The position coordinates bi-annual production of the official County road atlas for internal and public use.
4. Resident Expert – The incumbent offers geospatial data, analysis and cartographic expertise to department heads, surveyors, other government agencies, and the citizens of the County in support of day-to-day needs and emergency/disaster response.
5. Computer Support – This position evaluates and coordinates the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of GIS and other geospatial software to provide productive methods of maintaining and utilizing geospatial data assets. This includes interfacing with vendors and consultants. Also includes some programming and understand of web applications as it relates to GIS.
The work of this division is highly specialized and, as such, works rather autonomously in accomplishing its goals and objectives as stated above. Supervision is occasional, and generally only when there is a serious problem involving multiple departments or outside constituencies or in cases of major capital outlay.
The major challenges of this job are choosing the best path forward when multiple paths may be correct, keeping numerous large projects moving forward simultaneously, and effectively coordinating different stakeholders in order to improve the utilization of geospatial data assets within the County. This position frequently draws conclusions, makes decisions and judgment calls, and persuades others to accept and support them.
WORK LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISION:
This position has 1 GIS Sr. Analyst, 3 GIS Analysts, 1 Sr. Addressing Technician and 2 911 Addressing Technicians reporting to it.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Level of Job-Related Education:
BS in Geography, Engineering or Science field.
Minimum Amount of Job-Related Experience:
5 years in government GIS using Esri software and 5 years as a manager of a department or workgroup.
Minimum Level of any Required Qualifications, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, or any Relevant Knowledge, Job Skill or Equivalent Experience:
Desired Qualifications, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, or Relevant Knowledge, Job Skill or Equivalent Experience: Esri product expertise and GISP certification. Drone license a plus.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION FOR GEOSERVICES MANAGER TO:
Aiken County Government, 1930 University Parkway, Aiken, SC 29801
(E-mail: [email protected])
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse