Organization: Horry County Government
Title: Public Safety Support Analyst GIS Tech
Location: Conway, SC
Support Analyst for Public Safety for IT/GIS
Type: Full Time
General Job Description
The Support Engineer will provide key support and ongoing maintenance for all applications within the Public safety Division. Currently the Public Safety Division has deployed Motorola Solutions PremierOne Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management Systems (RMS) or any future solution deployed. These solutions encompass GIS (Geographic Information Systems) as a key component in all applications. The County is looking at a potential replacement of the existing public safety solutions. The County is looking for an person who has knowledge of or experience with a Law Enforcement Records Management system. This position will be responsible for the maintenance/configuration and management of the RMS for a multi Agency consortium.
Duties for this Position
• Responsible for the GIS layers which include, but not limited to street centerlines, address points, fire boxes, precincts and others.
• Assure that a high level of customer service is provided to system applications customers, both internal and external.
• Provide ongoing support and assistance.
• Ensure adequacy of system testing during initial implementation and assure adequate resolution of test exceptions.
• Perform user acceptance testing of software releases.
• Provide training and assistance to users.
• Communicate project status to application project manager accurately and honestly.
• Assist and work in coordination with the application project manager of Public Safety.
• Respond to inquiries and provide information when needed.
• Responsible for software installations, troubleshooting, software support, user point of contact.
• First level software support.
Position Minimum Requirements
• BA/BS in information systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following credentials: Work experience in a comparable position, and experience with GIS technologies using ESRI tools.
• Familiarity with various computer aided dispatch packages desired.
• Familiarity with Law Enforcement Records Management Systems
• Computer hardware experience a plus.
• Demonstrated self-motivation.
• The County must receive appropriate results to all background checks conducted for the successful candidate.
• Must be able to pass required pre-employment physical and background check.
Please complete online application at www.horrycounty.org
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse