Organization: Colorado State University
Title: GIS Analyst - Fort AP Hill, Virginia
Location: Fort AP Hill, VA USA
GIS Analyst - Fort AP Hill, Virginia
Colorado State University
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ & https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/.
Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML's contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Fort AP Hill is a United States Army installation located in Caroline County, Virginia.
The GIS Analyst position provides support to Fort AP Hill, VA. The candidate will manage SRP/ITAM GIS data for the Army. This will include updating and editing the data as needed. The Candidate will conduct fieldwork to ground truth data and support other SRP functions. This may require working in inclement weather such as heat and humidity, or cold and rain. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the GIS data meets all data standards outlined by the Army.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site here, https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
Required Job Qualifications
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field (e.g. geography, cartography, environmental science, etc.).
• At least three years of work experience in a relevant field is required.
• Experience with Geographical Information System and Global Positioning System technologies, and with Microsoft Excel and Access database management.
• Working knowledge and experience with the military and related work experience with the Department of Army, particularly in the Sustainable Range component.
• Knowledge of SDSFIE and other federal GIS data standards.
• Must have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain a driver's license by the employment start date.
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• MS/MA degree in natural resources management or closely related field is desired.
• Experience with the Range Complex Master Plan (RCMP) to include: RCMP tool functionality, RCMP mapping products, and RCMP development process.
• Experience providing subject matter expertise to an ACOM, ASCC, and/or a Direct Reporting Unit (DRU) with RCMP-T related tasks as demonstrated in past performance.
• Experience working on public lands with multiple land management and regulatory agencies.
• Excellent written communication skills are important.
• Experience with all-terrain vehicles, snow machines, and 4-wheel drive vehicles.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than 7/18/2022 for full consideration at https://apptrkr.com/3190852. Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1. Statement of Qualifications (one-page letter addressing each qualification described in the announcement) uploaded in the ‘Cover Letter' slot.
3. Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications) uploaded in the ‘Official Transcripts' or ‘Unofficial Transcripts' slot.
4. Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded) uploaded in the ‘Other' slot.
5. References - please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver's License, Special Requirements/Other - Must be able to comply with all applicable regulations to obtain a Department of Defense Common Access Card (CAC) and public trust clearance. Furthermore, candidates are required at a minimum to complete a NACI/SF85 and successfully pass a federal backgro
Shawn Haggerty mailto:([email protected])
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, mailto:[email protected]
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, mailto:[email protected]
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the University's Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, mailto:[email protected]
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks for the finalist before a final offer. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3190852
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse