Organization: Portland Community College
Title: Geospatial Lab Coordinator
Location: Portland, OR
Geospatial Lab Coordinator (IST IV)
Requisition ID req1277
Campus SY-Sylvania Campus
Employment Type Classified-Full Time
Best Consideration Date 7/3/2022
Position Summary Our Geospatial Information System program is growing! We are recruiting for a Full-time Geospatial Lab Coordinator to support faculty to develop and offer labs; establish lab hours and tutor schedules; manage equipment; liaise with IT on software and lab technology; collaborate with instructors to set up labs; initiate partnerships with other PCC departments; and assist with marketing the GIS program
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/ist-4/
Candidate Profile These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
• Demonstrated ability to work with faculty to establish lab lessons and set up lab.
• Demonstrated technical skills and understanding of GIS and UAV equipment, hardware, and software.
• Proven ability to work well with colleagues to identify instructional needs, communicate and implement plans.
• Experience identifying safety issues and implementing safety procedures.
• Experience working with system wide departments or entities to ensure that processes are followed, risks are reduced and resources are acquired to meet goals.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and support the GIS program’s commitment to increasing diversity in our GIS program and widening access in terms of gender, socioeconomics, age, race and ethnicity.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of post-secondary education in GIS (for example, GIS certificate or foundation coursework or equivalent related work experience).
• Three years of experience in the technical area.
• Proven written and oral communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform.
• Proven ability to lead others and evaluate performance.
• A UAV pilots license is preferred but not required.
• Curriculum development experience or exposure.
• Experience supporting faculty in the classroom.
• Experience working in a lab.
• Experience working with students and supporting their academic goals.
• Experience working with diverse populations in a community college setting.
Position Grade 19
Starting Salary Expectations The first two steps of the range are: $45,670 to $47,040 per year. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range $21.96 to $35.24 Hourly Wage
PCC Benefits PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
• Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
• 8 hours of sick leave per month
• 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
• 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Work pressure, disturbances of work flow and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Changes in the performance environment require occasional upgrading of skills. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable requiring occasional exposure to safety hazards, noise and temperature extremes. Some learned physical skills are required. Physical effort such as frequent standing, walking and lifting; guiding and/or carrying of lightweight materials or equipment; occasional periods of sustained effort.
Background Check Required Yes
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
• Veterans: DD214
• Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse