Organization: Village Of Wellington
Title: GIS Manager
Location: Wellington, Florida USA
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field supplemented by four (4) or more years of professional management experience and/or training in GIS program operations, programming languages, data structures, relational database design, experience building and deploying geometric network applications, GPS systems, aerial photography, and digital cartography. Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification is required (or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience). Demonstrated computer expertise with standard software packages and possession of a valid Florida driver’s license required. Additionally, the candidate should possess the following:
• Complete understanding and wide application of the principles, theories, and concepts in managing GIS.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with supervisory GIS work and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
• Knowledge in the execution of fundamental concepts, best practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvement, training, budgeting, and cost control, and progressive techniques in GIS.
• Must demonstrate skills, progression and working knowledge of modern GIS programs i.e. Arc/Info, ArcGIS Enterprise, Arc Catalog, ArcGIS Server, SQL Server 2014/2015, Python, and Microsoft currently supported Windows versions.
• Understanding of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action directing a team.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Wellington offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan. The successful candidate will receive an annual salary up to $138,000, depending on qualifications and experience, along with phone and data allowance. Wellington is an FRS agency and offers many competitive benefits.
For more information please apply at:
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse