Title: GeoBase Administrator
Location: Tokyo, Japan
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success.
geocgi is looking for a GeoBase Administrator to be a part of our team delivering Installation Geospatial Information and Services support to the United States Air Force Pacific Command (PACAF). The position is at Yokota Air Base in Western Tokyo, Japan. The GeoBase Administrator is responsible for specialized technical and analytical geospatial assistance that will support the maintenance of an Enterprise GIS. They will support data development, SDSFIE standards integration, and quality verification processes. They will assist in maintaining geospatial data in an enterprise GIS implementation, aid in the maintenance of the geodatabase, and apply technical and programmatic knowledge of GIS.
As an employee of geocgi, the GeoBase Administrator will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
• Flexible work hours and PTO
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the GeoBase Administrator:
• Bachelor’s degree (Preferably Geography, IT, or Computer Science)
• 3 years of experience with the use and administration of Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop and Server Solutions
• Experience with GIS data development in an enterprise environment
• Experience integrating enterprise geospatial applications into new and existing business processes
• Experience gathering requirements for applications from users of geospatial information
• Experience providing formal and informal training
• US Citizen and ability to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance
• Preferred: Active US DoD Secret Clearance
• Preferred: Active CompTIA Security+ certification
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the GeoBase Administrator:
• M.S. degree in a Scientific or Technical discipline
• Experience with and knowledge of advanced relational database concepts
• Experience providing formal and informal technical training
• Experience with USAF GeoBase Program
• Experience with AutoCAD Map 3D
• Experience with Trimble’s resource/mapping and survey grade GPS solutions
• Knowledge of SDSFIE
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse