Title: GIS Solution Engineer
Location: Washington DC
geocgi is looking for a GIS Solution Engineer to be an enterprise GIS subject matter expert and system admin, responsible for managing, creating, and delivering geospatial solutions for the United States Postal Service (USPS) Office of Inspector General (OIG). This position will be performed remotely, but the candidate must be within driving distance to Washington DC. The candidate will work with investigators and leadership to develop applications and visualizations that support on going audits, analyses, and investigations. The candidate must have prior experience installing and configuring ArcGIS Enterprise. This position is contingent upon obtaining a Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) Clearance. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a GIS Solution Engineer, which include:
• ArcGIS Enterprise administration, including working with IT on troubleshooting and infrastructure upgrades.
• ArcGIS license management for applications and extensions.
• Coordination Esri technical support on deploying cloud-based instances of vendor software.
• Manage performance and availability of enterprise geodatabases.
• Monitor ArcGIS Enterprise capacity, usage, CPU, hardware, storage, and services statistics.
• Maintain system documentation and operational procedures and update as required.
• Perform spatial analysis using ArcGIS Pro to derive actionable insights from data.
• Configure dashboards, web maps, and web apps using ArcGIS.
• Engage with internal customers to demonstrate how location intelligence can add value to their analysis.
• Maintain available third-party data sources data analysis and geocoding.
• Automate data workflows and system administration processes via Python.
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Mostly remote and work from home arrangements, with in-person office hoteling and on-site customer interactions as needed.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
• Flexible work hours and PTO
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the potential candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science or closely related field.
• 8 years of experience, of which 6 must be specialized experience in system analysis design, programming, integration, or administering GIS software.
• Experience installing, configuring, administering, managing, Esri’s ArcGIS Enterprise including managing servers.
• Experience in developing scripts and procedures using Python for automation and data analysis.
• Experience authoring content using ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online including, but not limited to, ArcGIS Dashboard, and Experience Builder.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
• An existing MBI Clearance.
• Certifications (GISP, Security+, Esri, Microsoft, PMP).
• Knowledge of Cloud services, concepts, and industry providers.
• Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications.
• Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse