Organization: VEOLIA North America
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Harrisburg, PA
APPLY HERE: https://smrtr.io/b2S4y
Senior GIS Analyst
Harrisburg, PA, USA
Contract Type: Standard
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
This position will provide technical expertise using GIS to improve business efficiency for operations. Core responsibilities include supporting all the departments of the operation by maintaining the GIS system, training staff, and deploying new GIS solutions. Responsibilities also include using spatial analysis to discover patterns and trends in the data, developing mapping applications and tools to support the business, and enhancing awareness of GIS. The Senior GIS Analyst will also be responsible for using GIS to innovate and bring value to the business.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
● Utilizes spatial and non-spatial data and ESRI’s suite of GIS products for the purpose of supporting local departments and operations across the business.
● Works to continually improve data quality of production geodatabases by following data management best practices.
● Serves as the technical lead for local projects and committees involving GIS dependencies.
● Adheres to best practices for workflows as it relates to managing spatial assets.
● Conducts data analysis and works to improve efficiencies using geospatial technologies.
● Provides innovative uses of the GIS systems to improve workforce efficiency and optimize the management of information
● Provides training and coaching for junior-level GIS team members and interns.
● Communicates complex technical issues both verbally and in writing to non-technical GIS users and senior staff within the business unit.
● Actively seeks out new spatial technologies and process improvements in GIS to continually advance GIS.
● Trains field staff and contractors as required.
● Performs data collection and verification as needed.
● Performs other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor to ensure alignment with Corporate GIS strategy.
● Ability to deploy data driven solutions for the business unit dependent upon the situation.
Must have the ability to drive a company vehicle.
This position description is intended for the purpose of evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Data Science, or related field. GISP certification preferred, but not required.
Work Experience Needed:
5 - 7 years GIS experience; experience with ESRI Product Suite
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
● Advanced knowledge of ESRI’s suite of products including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, Geodatabases, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Web App Builder, Operation Dashboards, Mobile Apps such as Field Maps, Commercial grade GPS (Global Positioning System) units (i.e. Trimble, EOS etc.).
● Advanced knowledge of editing and managing relational geodatabases.
● Expert in editing, geoprocessing techniques, and spatial analysis that can be leveraged for driving business efficiencies.
● Expert knowledge of data integrity tools and workflows such as Data Reviewer and Attribute Assistant.
● Advanced knowledge of and the ability to edit in a geometric network.
● A strong ability to solve operational problems and increase efficiency using GIS.
● The ability and willingness to keep up with geospatial technology advancements and bring these advancements to the business where appropriate.
● Excellent analytical, organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
● Self-direct priorities and work schedules.
● The ability to collaborate and share best practices with GIS teams in other business units.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse