Organization: GPI - Advanced Technology Solutions Group
Title: GIS Developer
Location: New York, NY / Tampa, FL / Babylon, NY
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com.
The advanced technology solutions group is basically GPI’s Skunk Works. We develop nearly all the technical solutions where a traditional engineering approach is not feasible. Along those lines, we need a candidate who is interested in kicking ass in all the following areas:
• Application Design
• Solution Development
• Delivery of interactive mapping applications
Our work is based on modern standards and commonly used frameworks, but often requires incorporation of new hardware and software. The ability to take new technologies and incorporate them into the workflow is critical to our continuing success is a baseline expectation.
We are looking for a stone-cold code reaper that can embed themselves into (and enrich) a team of diverse individuals that is working on projects including (but not limited to) machine learning, visualization technology, augmented and virtual reality, Unity and Unreal Engines, LiDAR and a pile of other cool stuff.
• Design and implementation of cutting edge, professional geospatial applications using ESRI and open-source technologies as part of a super team.
• Developing GIS-centric web applications
• Developing Windows applications using C#
• Developing Geoprocessing services
• A bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, and/or relative experience to be evaluated by the interviewers
• Background in Python or C#
• Understanding of relational databases
Please apply through our hiring portal!
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse