Organization: WestWater Research, LLC
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Fort Collins, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Sacramento, CA; Boise, ID
WestWater Research is actively seeking a motivated GIS Specialist for immediate employment. The qualified applicant will have a minimum of 2 years of full-time professional experience in GIS. The individual should be organized, able to work independently and be highly motivated in their career. The applicant must be proficient with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and applications. In addition to supporting the company's GIS needs, the position also includes collaborating in the development of company databases.
GIS Specialist Responsibilities:
- Cartography and map production to support water right valuations and transaction advisory services
- Researching, interpreting, inventorying, and mapping of water rights
- Proficiency in georeferencing
- Ability to acquire, edit, and manipulate spatial data and non-spatial data from a variety of sources
- Ability to employ a variety of spatial analysis techniques
- Photo interpretation of agricultural lands to determine irrigated acres over time
- Effective communication with internal personnel and external clients on GIS needs
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Geodatabase management
- Administration of ArcGIS Online account
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geography, Natural Resources, Agriculture, Economics, or related field
- Two years of focused work experience as a GIS Manager/Analyst
- Strong proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and applications and open-source GIS (ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, QGIS)
- Experience with a wide range of GIS data, including land use, land ownership, hydrologic data
- Strong understanding of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and mapping spatial features based on legal descriptions
- Proficiency with Office 365 products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, SharePoint)
- Strong cartographic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the consulting environment
- Experience with web mapping services
- Interest in water resources and economics
- Enjoys creating and applying creative solutions to consulting tasks
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The compensation also includes health benefits, 401K, profit sharing, bonus potential, and a company wellness program.
The position will be based in one of the following locations: Boise, Idaho, Fort Collins, Colorado, Phoenix, Arizona, or Sacramento, California.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and one example of a cartographic product you have developed with the subject heading "GIS Manager Position – Your Last Name" to: [email protected]
About WestWater Research
WestWater Research is a leading economic consulting firm focused on water rights trading and water resource development. The company specializes in water transaction advisory services, water investment and marketing services, water valuation, and water resource economics. WestWater has a national practice providing economic consulting services to public and private clients. WestWater Research has developed the largest and most comprehensive database of water right transactions throughout the United States, enabling our clients to have accurate and up-to-date market price information.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse