Organization: Johnson County, KS - AIMS
Title: GIS Specialist (Data Analyst II)
Location: Olathe, KS USA
Johnson County Department of Technology and Innovation (DTI) is seeking a dynamic individual with an established GIS skillset as it relates to parcel maintenance to fill the position of GIS Specialist. The GIS Specialist is assigned to the AIMS (Automated Information Mapping System) unit within Enterprise Services of DTI, for support of GIS, mapping, and data analysis functions at the County. This position is eligible for a hybrid work assignment. First review of applications will begin on Friday, September 9, 2022.
- Possesses considerable knowledge of GIS technologies and applications as they relate to the ESRI GIS Software Suite to perform GIS data edit, creation, GIS and CAD data conversion, data management, analysis as well as workflows, analysis and geoprocessing, visualization, and sharing. Knowledge of Parcel Fabric is a plus.
- Responsible for knowledge of surveying principles as they relate to cadastral mapping and the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) including coordinate geometry (COGO)
- Utilizes a variety of GIS software tools to perform topology corrections and make geometric modifications as part of the data quality review and creation process
- Works with internal County departments on parcel and plat mapping as well as recording documents. Assists in verifying legal descriptions for internal departments, engineering companies, title companies etc.
- Researches deeds and implements GIS fixes to improve the spatial accuracy of the Johnson County land parcel layer; incorporates those changes into the published data set.
Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The preferred candidate will have professional experience with Databases (Microsoft SQL Server) and GIS software (ESRI suite-ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Portal/Online) in a Windows environment. In addition, preferred candidate should have practical experience relative to cadastral data maintenance, general GIS methods and an understanding of the functions of County government.
Bachelor’s degree in the following field(s) of study: geography, data analysis, statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or relevant field and three (3) years of experience using GIS or other data analysis software required.
Experience can substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line please visit our website at: https://jocogov.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/5977
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse