Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Geocgi is looking for a GIS Specialist to assist a DoD client with improving and maintaining GIS utility data for military installations. The candidate will provide technical and analytical geospatial assistance that will support the development and maintenance of installation utility datasets. They will support data collection through specialized GPS equipment, SDSFIE standards integration, and quality verification processes. They will maintain geospatial data in an enterprise GIS implementation, aid in the maintenance of the geodatabase, and apply technical and programmatic knowledge of GIS. To perform the duties of the GIS Specialist successfully, the candidate must be:
• Motivated, persistent, and dedicated to improving business processes, and identifying and implementing best in class solutions.
• Curious and determined to continuously pursue innovation and implement emerging technology.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, and speaking to groups.
• Proactive and able to anticipate customer and project needs.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
• Flexible work hours and PTO
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the potential candidate:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, GIS, Cartography, Survey, or IT related field
• 4+ years of experience in GIS with cartographic, analyst, editor, database, or similar duties
• Knowledge of Esri utility network modeling
• Knowledge and experience to work with a shared, multiuser geodatabase, as well as support for version-based GIS workflows involving simultaneous multiuser editing, distributed geodatabases, and historical archiving.
• Experience with GPS equipment, data collection, and post-processing
• Experience and knowledge of the SDSFIE
• Experience with Esri Software Applications and spatial analysis including network analysis, spatial analysis, and 3D analysis.
• Able and willing to perform fieldwork and travel via military transportation
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse