Organization: Savills North America
Title: Junior GIS Developer
Location: U.S. Offices
Savills is seeking a Junior GIS Developer to join the Research and Data Services Team. This role invites the opportunity to contribute your passion to one of the best data services in commercial real estate. Whether it is demographics, market, industrial, or office data, you will be involved in various projects that help where people are going to work, and why. Your work will also be a part of our award-winning client technologies platform, where you will use your spatial skills to deliver in-depth real estate solutions through cutting-edge products and tools.
Savills supports a hybrid work environment. However, it is highly preferred that the ideal candidate resides in a reasonable distance to one of our Savills U.S. offices (list of offices can be found here).
To apply, email your resume and portfolio to Kyle McNair ([email protected]).
What you’ll do:
• Assist the GIS team with customized 2D/3D visual presentations for internal clients.
• Work with 3D scenes, including creating, modifying, managing, and publishing.
• Develop interactive web maps that visualize various types of datasets such as office/industrial space, health data, public data, or retail data.
• Research and implement new tools and visuals that will benefit our internal/external clients.
• Digitize, edit, and maintain our 3D office & industrial datasets for all our covered markets.
• Work with our Research team on gathering data that can be integrated into GIS data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Urban Planning, or other related fields from an accredited college/university.
• Must have knowledge of ESRI GIS software including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Business Analyst, and ESRI’s Network Analyst tools.
• Knowledge of Python and ESRI’s ArcPy Python package.
• Knowledge of interactive GIS concepts.
• Experience digitizing 3D datasets, particularly office and industrial buildings.
• Very detail oriented with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong familiarity in spatial data types (Geodatabases, GeoJSON, shapefiles, etc.).
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience using EMSI data.
• Experience using ESRI’s CityEngine
Savills North America is a commercial real estate advisory firm focusing solely on the tenant. With a zeal for understanding our clients, uncovering value, and building best-in-class, integrated teams, we constantly strive to provide our clients with sophisticated, data-driven analytics customized to their requirements and presented in an innovative, intuitive manner. We specialize in managing complex deals across multiple geographies. We are uniquely equipped to handle the most challenging assignments while always maintaining our tenant representation mantra - to relentlessly pursue the best interests of our occupier clients.
The firm is part of London-headquartered Savills plc, the premier global real estate service provider with more than 39,000 professionals across more than 700 locations worldwide. Savills plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (SVS.L).
Savills Research and Data Services Team is an integrated, multi-disciplinary team that develops and deploys innovative technology solutions and analytic tools that deliver outstanding results for clients across the globe. Our award-winning platform spans information services, digital tools, data partnerships, and on-the-ground real estate execution expertise. Members of the team have significant cross-border transaction experience, serving clients with global real estate portfolios.
Savills values a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. All qualified applications, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Savills participates in the E-Verify program.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse