Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Springfield, VA or Suitland, MD
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks… depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success.
geocgi is looking for a GIS Analyst with an existing TS/SCI clearance to support the Office of Naval Intelligence in either Springfield, VA or Suitland, MD. This position uses GIS expertise to support Maritime activities at the forefront of maritime geospatial analysis at the deepest levels of our nation’s defense. The GIS Analyst is responsible for geospatial data management, analysis, and visualization, including dashboard, web map, and web app configuration, data transformations, and enterprise geodatabase administration. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a GIS Analyst, which include:
• Geospatial data editing, transformations, and QA/QC.
• Designing enterprise products such as surveys, dashboards, story maps, web map, apps, and experiences.
• Migrating geospatial data from legacy databases to an enterprise geodatabase.
• Automate common workflows with python and other scripting languages.
• Modernize existing geospatial products by migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro.
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the potential candidate:
• Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
• Existing Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
• 3+ years’ leveraging ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro to manage and display geospatial information.
• Demonstrated proficiency with ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online out of the box products.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
• Certifications (GISP, Security+, Esri Enterprise).
• ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, and Portal for ArcGIS Administration.
• Experience with enterprise geodatabases in MS SQL or other RDBMS technology.
• Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse