Title: GIS Solution Engineer
Location: Marysville, California
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks… depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is looking for a GIS Solutions Engineer with an existing TS/SCI clearance to provide support at Beale Air Force Base in Northern California. This position uses GIS expertise to manage large enterprise geodatabases as part of a two person GIS team. The GIS Solutions Engineer is responsible for geospatial data management, enterprise geodatabase administration, data transformation, and feature and map service management. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a GIS Solutions Engineer, which include:
• Geospatial data editing, transformations, and QA/QC.
• Enterprise geodatabase administration including users, roles, feature datasets, replication, versioning, and archiving.
• Migrating geospatial data from legacy databases to an enterprise geodatabase.
• Scripting common data loading procedures with python and FME.
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the GIS Solutions Engineer:
• Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
• Existing Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
• 3+ years’ experience with enterprise geodatabases in MS SQL or other RDBMS technology.
• Demonstrated proficiency with ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online out of the box products.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the GIS Solutions Engineer:
• Certifications (GISP, Security+, Esri Enterprise).
• Familiarity with Safe software’s Feature Manipulation Engine (FME).
• Intermediate knowledge of Python and ArcPy.
• Installation, configuration, and administration of ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Online.
• Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse