Organization: Colorado State University
Title: Environmental GIS Analyst (RA II) - Fort Collins, CO
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Environmental GIS Analyst (RA II) - Fort Collins, CO
Working Title Environmental GIS Analyst (RA II) - Fort Collins, CO
Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position Yes
Posting Number 202201384AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Research Associate II
Number of Vacancies 3
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range $55,000-60,000
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ & https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/.
Desired Start Date 10/24/2022
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 09/26/2022
Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations. To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
UP to 3 positions available. An Environmental Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst (Research Associate II) position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands to be assigned in Fort Collins, CO to provide support for the US Air Force Environmental GIS project, which provides comprehensive GIS support services and data maintenance for over 100 installations.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site here, https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
Required Job Qualifications
• BA/BS degree in natural resources management, environmental science, geography, geographic information systems (GIS), history, anthropology, or computer science.
• Three years of demonstrated work experience is required in environmental related GIS. Course work will not be included.
• The successful candidate also must have demonstrated training and experience using GIS software, database management software, global positioning system technology, and geospatial technical writing and documentation.
• Superior written and oral communication skills are required.
• Travel to Air Force installations may be required for data collection and development.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) especially version 3.0 or higher.
• Experience using GPS for data collection.
• Experience managing spatial data in geodatabases or Microsoft Access databases.
• Knowledge and experience in U.S. Air Force GeoBase program and with U.S. Air Force environmental programs are beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience with automation processes such as model builder, ETL tools, python scripting, and/or SQL is highly desired.
• More than 3 years of related work experience is desirable.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Data Collection & Development
Duty/Responsibility Collect and process data for standardization to the AF Environmental GIS SDSFIE data model. Complete data development tasks for newly added program areas, datasets or locations. Travel to AF installations for field data collection using global positioning system technology, to scan paper documents or obtain other resources/information.
Percentage Of Time 70
Job Duty Category Technical Assistance
Duty/Responsibility Assisting with trouble-shooting technical issues, learning new software/technology and developing best tools and techniques for GIS processes. Help develop efficient methods and technical processes to complete data collection & development tasks, utilizing automation techniques where practical and evaluating data quality as required. As needed, complete other CEMML GIS tasks and projects including data digitization, attribute population, and the creation/maintenance of Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) compliant metadata.
Percentage Of Time 20
Job Duty Category Cartography
Duty/Responsibility Create cartographic products (e.g., map books) to support environmental GIS projects and tasks.
Percentage Of Time 5
Job Duty Category Documentation/Technical Writing
Duty/Responsibility Help prepare written documentation of technical processes, develop applicable project guidance and assist with creating training/support materials.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than September 26, 2022, for full consideration. Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1. Statement of Qualifications (one-page letter addressing each qualification described in the announcement) uploaded in the ‘Cover Letter’ slot.
3. Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications) uploaded in the ‘Official Transcripts’ or ‘Unofficial Transcripts’ slot.
4. Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded) uploaded in the ‘Other’ slot.
5. References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Search Contact Benjamin Wasserstein ([email protected])
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, [email protected]
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, [email protected]
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the University’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, [email protected]
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks for the finalist before a final offer. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3441484
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse