Title: GIS Developer
Location: Remote (Washington D.C.)
geocgi is looking for a GIS Developer to support a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) department. The work will be performed remotely but may require infrequent travel to Washington DC. The GIS Developer must have experience creating applications and solutions with the Esri suite of GIS applications. The candidate will develop GIS tools and applications, perform complex analyses, and develop multi-layered maps accomplished by using an appropriate combination of tools found in the Esri GIS application suite and other programming environments. The candidate will design and implement data conversion procedures and perform software and database quality control. They will work closely with the GIS user community to determine specific application requirements and specifications. They will perform database design and development and quality assurance and quality control. To perform the duties of the GIS Developer successfully, the candidate must be:
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Mostly remote and work from home arrangements, with in-person office hoteling and on-site customer interactions as needed, 2 – 4 times a month.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
• Flexible work hours and PTO.
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
• US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or IT related field.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS security clearance and suitability evaluation.
• Four (4) to six (6) years of GIS industry experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of leveraging Web Components and associated technologies to create front-end products.
• Understanding of RESTful services and how to configure applications for communication appropriately.
• Experience with Git or other version and configuration control solutions.
• Experience working with, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Server.
• Experience working with ArcGIS integration tools such as Maps for Office and PowerBI.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse