Organization: Williamson County Emergency Management Agency
Title: Emergency Management GIS Specialist
Location: Williamson County, TN
Williamson County Emergency Management is seeking a qualified, self-motivated GIS Specialist/Analyst to assist in providing technical services in support of information management systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and be able to independently learn and find resources to bridge gaps. A preferred candidate has experience in homeland security and emergency management domain and experience working alone or as part of a technical team as well as, managing development, integration, and testing of units, subsystems, and systems within a distributed application development environment.
• Develop GIS apps and web services using ESRI web/mobile APIs, ArcGIS Server/Online.
• Provide support to deploy and manage applications and services on customer hosted or cloud servers.
• Perform data extraction, transformation, and loading to ensure geospatial data compatibility with external applications from a variety of different sources.
• Troubleshoot errors within ArcGIS Desktop ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro mapping software and the enterprise GIS environment ArcGIS Online Platform.
• Partner with others to evaluate existing data and processes and define solution approaches.
• Develop written technical documentation to help communicate technical concepts.
• Serve as on-call in support of day to day and emergency operations
• Maintain and update Computer Aided Dispatch GIS dataset on a regular schedule and as requested.
• Develop and maintain maps and documentation through coordination with EMA staff and response partners to meet the needs for emergency preparedness and planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information, Geography/GIS, or related
• Experience designing, developing and implementing web applications leveraging ArcGIS Online’s Web AppBuilder, Dashboards, StoryMaps, Survey 123, Workforce, FieldMaps, ArcGIS Server/Online.
• Programming skills in Python 2.7 and 3.5 and the ArcPy site package including the ability to read/interpret other’s codes and understand what it is doing in ESRI resources/documents.
• Experience with Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst Extensions and NG911 GIS standards.
• Effective Cartographic skills including the ability to use ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro Desktop applications to create easy-to-read, informative, and visually effective static mapping products.
Additional knowledge and/or experience includes:
• Experience using ArcGIS Desktop, Catalog, ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server.
• Experience using Python scripting for geoprocessing workflows.
• Experience working with RDBMS (MS SQL Server).
• Experience using various published APIs to solve problems and integrate solutions
• Experience working with the disaster response/preparedness community using WebEOC preferred.
• 5+ years’ technical experience with ArcGIS and geospatial application development preferred
Annual starting salary for those meeting the minimum qualifications is $49,899.20/annually, dependent on qualifications and education, more maybe offered depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications are available in the Human Resources Department Suite 112 and online via link below.
Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse