Organization: Town of Bluffton
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Bluffton, SC USA
The purpose of this position is to manage GIS data that supports operations for the Town of Bluffton. Duties include collecting and analyzing data as well as maintaining all GIS functions.
• Manages, updates, and ensures quality assurance of all GIS and geospatial data relating to any initiatives or programs belonging to GIS.
• Conducts independent analyses; develops conclusions and recommendations from existing and future GIS geospatial data.
• Creates maps and graphic products as assigned; supports GIS needs of other departments.
• Creates, maintains, and manages the Town’s GIS layers; updates data and layers such as address points, parcels, street centerlines, development phases, subdivisions, and impervious surfaces.
• Assigns, corrects, and updates addresses; approves address requests from entities based on local ordinances; and checks signage in the field.
• Locates and fixes miss snapped or improperly snapped street segments to improve NG911 dispatch routing.
• Participates with other local municipalities and jurisdictions to form an appropriate and consistent GIS attribute template that can allow seamless sharing of data between jurisdictions.
• Performs emergency or disaster-related duties as assigned; participates in post disaster recovery plan.
• Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions; reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in assigned areas.
• Assists with presentations of GIS projects to Town Council.
• Participates regularly with Beaufort County, state, and other regional entities to ensure communication and cooperation on issues related to GIS data.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse