Organization: Spencer Ogden (hiring for a client)
Title: GIS Distribution Technician
Location: Chicago, IL USA or Detroit, MI USA
Electric Distribution Technician or Designer with an Emphasis in GIS (Geographic Information System)
The Chicago & Detroit Distribution Modernization department is looking for individuals with GIS background to serve as an electrical distribution designer in the CHI or DET office. This role will work closely with both the CHI & DET offices for a variety of electric distribution programs.
Primary responsibilities for this Designer role will include:
- Understand the scope, planning, and execution of construction packages across an electric utility’s distribution network.
- Responsible for the design of low to medium voltage (120V-40kV) electrical distribution infrastructure using various tools
- Review field data via ArcGIS Online, Google Earth, or other data collection/GIS environments to determine the work required
- Work within client specific GIS and Asset/Work Management systems.
- Coordinate and prioritize work across multiple projects.
- Utilize structural analysis software to model electric utility poles.
- Drive continuous improvement through collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- Operate the Microsoft Suite of programs, including Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
Opportunity to expand the role to include:
- Data analysis within ArcGIS Pro.
- Creation of ArcGIS Online Collector and WebApps for subcontractor and design use.
- Develop and modify ArcGIS maps and tools to improve workflow.
- Lead and/or provide input on weekly calls with subcontractors and clients.
- Contribute to proposals and estimates.
- Provide updates regarding the hours, schedule, milestones, and project design status.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to other designers as needed.
- Associate's or Bachelor of Science degree in drafting and design technology/GIS/engineering technology and/or direct electric distribution design experience. Bachelor's degree in ANY Engineering field is NOT allowed for this role EXCEPT for Engineering Technology.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated to learn new technical skillsets continually.
- Must demonstrate curiosity and interest in the engineering and construction of large infrastructure projects.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a passion for quality, accuracy, and precision.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as an effective team member.
- 1-5 years of substation, transmission, or distribution line design experience.
- Experience operating within Asset/Work Management systems such as Maximo, SAP, or Asset Suite (AS8).
- Knowledge of electric distribution equipment and functionality.
- Knowledge of electric distribution GIS software and functionality.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Pro with experience in developing complex maps and tools.
- Understanding of electric distribution pole loading analysis.
- Experience developing clean, workable construction plans and prints.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Related consulting experience preferred.
If interested reach out to Drea Jones at [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse