Organization: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd
Title: GIS Database Specialist
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Looking to work doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? Ecora has an exciting entry-level GIS Database Specialist opportunity to join our team at our head office location in Kelowna, BC on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS.
· Development of high-quality database solutions
· General maintenance and updating of GIS datasets including tabular and spatial data.
· Update and maintain multi-user ArcSDE geodatabase and database views.
· Write optimized queries, views, and triggers for integration with applications
· Maintain high standards of data quality and integrity
· Understand issues related to network performance and security
· Verify and check data to ensure continuity, integrity, and compliance with Ecora standards
· Create, maintain, and analyze spatial and attribute databases
· Assist with other projects and duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
· A GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS;
· Proficiency with ESRI/ArcGIS product suite
· Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle DBMS
· Programming experience (Python, SQL)
· Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written);
· Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills, along with exceptional time management;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
· Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
· Experience interfacing with clients and authorities;
· Progressive work skills in the GIS industry is considered a strong asset;
· Involvement in natural resources or forestry is a benefit;
· Experience with Trimble’s Land Resource Manager (LRM) software; and
· Project management skills.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
· Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
· Competitive salary, paid annual vacation and paid annual sick days;
· Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
· Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
· Group RRSP match program;
· Opportunities for professional growth and development;
· Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
· Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle;
· Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members. How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse