Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Cary, NC (hybrid work schedule)
For a full job description: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=77464&clientkey=8488D6E6E53E1363CB7CF9785BA20CA7
The GIS Analyst works as a member of the GIS Team in the development and maintenance of the Location Management’s Enterprise Rail Industry GIS (RIGIS). The GIS Analyst will work closely with Railinc IT Staff and Customers to ensure needs for GIS information and services are met. Duties are performed under the direction of the GIS Manager.
70% - Provide support to existing and future applications through data analysis, editing, and map service publication. Creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial databases and applications utilizing Esri’s ArcGIS Platform. Creating and maintaining Web Mapping Applications using ArcGIS Online/Portal.
20% - Elicit business goals and collaborate with business owners and subject matter expects to develop new product ideas. Identify potential solutions (spatial and non-spatial) to business problems by applying technical and non-technical analysis. Assist the GIS Team in developing road maps that include these new product ideas.
10% - Work with the GIS Team to continually prioritize work, considering level of effort and opportunity cost constraints by leveraging customer, product support, internal IT and other stakeholder interests. Work can be defined as user stories, features, new products, projects or a process improvement.
- Provide input into new product analysis.
- Complete assigned project and product enhancement work.
- Ensure the timely handling of customer requests and issues (internal and external).
- Support the GIS Team in the daily activities and projects and customer interactions.
- Provide Customer Service and Product Support training.
- Understand internal and external dependencies for assigned products.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Attend off-site conferences and tradeshows.
- Participate in product maintenance review, research, development, and testing.
- Assist with maintenance of documentation of business processes and application user guides.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, abilities/minimum requirements/competencies:
- Strong ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized and flexible.
- Experience with Esri's Model Builder, Python, and ArcPy.
- Edits spatial data using established workflows and methods.
- Reviews GIS data for accuracy by applying established specifications.
- Stays current on latest trends in GIS, database design, and related hardware / software.
- Strong research skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in analysis, basic statistical analysis; must be able to write basic SQL queries.
- Ability to work independently and jointly in unstructured environments in a self-directed way.
Education, experience, certification/training:
- Bachelors degree in Geography, Computer Science or relevant field and minimum 3 years relevant experience or in lieu of a degree a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience in research and analysis of GIS data.
- Working closely with team members during development.
- Background in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Related education, experience, or certification in Geography / GIS a plus.
- Rail industry or logistics experience is a plus.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse