Organization: City of Arlington, Texas
Title: GIS Applications Developer
Location: Arlington, Texas
Application Deadline: 2023-11-28
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON 11/28/2022.
SALARY: 67,599.00 - 84,499.00 Salary USD
Under general direction, develops and implements GIS applications for the city departments, including the designing, programming, testing and troubleshooting of GIS applications, geodatabases, and related GIS systems; produces and reviews preliminary and detailed designs for new or modified database elements, and designs geodatabases and data elements for an enterprise GIS; develops technical procedures and trains city staff on their use; assists in the accurate development and maintenance of an enterprise GIS database and related systems; and provides application user support and troubleshoots problems for the end-user.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to design, program and test GIS applications using various languages; design, program, test and publish GIS application executables; produce and review preliminary and detailed designs for new or modified database elements; design an enterprise GIS geodatabase.
2. Ability to design and implement custom, scalable web-based GIS technologies.
3. Ability to maintain GIS features and enforce GIS database standards; coordinate with internal staff and other City departments regarding database standards; troubleshoot spatial database operations; update database structure as required by daily operations and application development; support GIS applications; and provide 24 hour "on-call" support for all enterprise GIS environments.
4. Ability to coordinate the maintenance of GIS features to ensure departmental and external deadlines are met; train technical staff in the use of advanced GIS functionality and the development of complex programming and processes;
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
5. Ability to perform GIS software operations; perform activities associated with the operation and coordination of implementation and enhancements of an enterprise GIS including ad hoc queries and plots of enterprise GIS data.
6. Ability to recommend enhancements to proposed or current programs/processes and assist in evaluating requirements for GIS database enhancement and system upgrades.
7. Ability to assist in the research and evaluation of new GIS software that may be applicable to an enterprise GIS and provide training classes on enterprise GIS applications to internal and external users.
8. Ability to prepare GIS application user manuals and documentation of GIS application programs; prepare and maintain program and process documentation related to an enterprise GIS
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse