Organization: CITY OF JACKSONVILLE
Title: GIS Systems Administrator
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
GIS Systems Administrator
Salary - $81,000.00 - $89,000.00 Annually
Location - Jacksonville, FL
Job Number -2022-04767
Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Finance and Administration Department is actively seeking one (1) GIS Systems Administrator.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 12 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is professional work at the lead worker level in coordinating the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of geographic information systems and GIS systems and service infrastructure. The work requires a seasoned understanding of, and application of the principles, and practices used to analyze, design, implement, maintain, and modify GIS, databases, systems software, and equipment gained through degree granting schools, or equivalent experience, supplemented by substantial work experience. May assign, oversee, and monitor the work of others. Contacts require skills in understanding and/or influencing people and are important in identifying user needs and resolving user system problems including skills of persuasiveness, assertiveness, and sensitivity to others point of view that are required to influence behavior, change an opinion, or turn a situation around. The work is covered by clearly defined policies and principles underlying the area where the worker is required to exercise judgment in accomplishing objectives. The work involves a variety of situations requiring analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and/or constructive thinking in new situations, facts, and circumstances. The work is performed in an office environment. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer. Operates motor vehicle. The physical demands consist mainly of sitting for extended periods of time. The work is performed under administrative direction where the work is subject to operating plans, objectives, functional policies and precedents, and the worker is free from any technical control in planning and carrying out their work responsibilities. The work is reviewed in terms of feasibility, compatibility with other work projects, and effectiveness in meeting requirements or expected results.
Examples of Work
• Plans, organizes, and directs the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of GIS software architecture.
• Supports and enables the systems that allow the design of enterprise GIS web and desktop applications in a team environment for the City of Jacksonville.
• Develops and implements GIS architecture, and hardware and software infrastructure plans for GIS systems.
• Plans, monitors, and administers system usage and coordinates database interaction with other systems and applications.
• Conducts geographic analyses including development services, geoprocesses, and computer programs.
• Architects GIS data management solutions for the City’s core businesses primarily using ESRI technologies.
• Advises and trains system users on GIS methods and techniques and coordinates with others on GIS projects.
• Design and integrate GIS components into larger, web-based information management systems.
• Configures and maintains ArcSDE (Spatial Database Engine) server for development and production environments.
• Administers geometric networks and network datasets.
• Performs server optimization for ArcGIS servers.
• Resolves version conflicts, spatial (topology) and attribute errors that arise during versioning and exports updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
• May assigns, oversees, and monitors the work of others.
• Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer using Microsoft Office and other related software to include SQLServer, Adobe Professional, and IIS web server software.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Jacksonville’s competencies.
• Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, methods, and procedures used to analyze, design, implement, maintain, and modify, databases, software, and equipment.
• Ability to perform IIS administration (version 8.0 and above) and Web Adapter administration for ArcPro, ESRI Portal and ArcGIS Server/Enterprise.
• Knowledge of specialized GIS software including ESRI products ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and the administration of ArcGIS Server, ArcEngine, ArcGIS Desktop Advanced, ArcGIS Online, and ArcPro software.
• Knowledge of databases such as SQLServer (including 2008 and later) or Oracle.
• Knowledge, understanding and utilization of the standard ESRI methodology of geodatabase design.
• Knowledge and understanding of how to resolve version conflicts, resolve spatial (topology) and attributes errors that arise during versioning and exporting of updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
• Skill in project management of geographic information systems.
• Skill creating and administering multi-versioned Geodatabases.
• Ability to assign, oversee, and monitor the work of others.
• Ability to write technical proposals for GIS applications.
• Ability to gather, analyze and interpret facts and arrive at sound and logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to learn new concepts and collaborate with others.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment such as personal computer using Microsoft Office and other related software to include SQLServer, Adobe Professional, and IIS web server software.
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse