Organization: Brevard County Property Appraiser's Office
Title: GIS Cadastral Mapper
Location: Titusville, FL
This is an entry-level professional technical position under the general direction of the Senior Director of GIS and Cadastral Services. This position provides skilled technical cadastral work for the development and maintenance of the Property Appraiser’s official assessment maps. Tasks are performed with a high degree of responsibility and independence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conducts research, validates and compiles all pertinent data from the Brevard County public record pursuant to recorded legal instruments as well as from discovered/submitted unrecorded legal instruments in order to maintain or create the Property Appraiser's Official assessment maps.
• Maintains or creates the official assessment maps and supporting associative maps through the utilization of coordinate geometry (COGO) software, manual drafting techniques and the computer aided mass appraisal (CAMA) system.
• Provides assistance to all PAO staff, the public, and various governmental agencies with property issues involving parcel identification, configuration and delineation as it relates to the accuracy of the of the official assessment maps.
• Provides assistance with map and data sales, performs custom research, and creates custom maps or exhibits as directed.
• Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK
• Associate or Technical degree from an accredited college or university in geography, geographic information science, land surveying, geomatics or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and cadastral mapping experience.
• One or more of the following designations is preferred at hire:
Certified Cadastralist of Florida (CCF)
Certified Cadastral Mapper (CCM)
Certified Master Cadastralist of Florida (MCF)
Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP)
If not in possession at hire, successful completion of the Certified Cadastralist of Florida (CCF) training program and receipt of the CCF designation is required within two (2) years.
• Valid Florida driver's license
Please contact Bonnie Urbano, Manager of HR & Finance, at (321) 264-6763, if you need additional information about this position. Applicants can apply on our job opportunities website: https://www.bcpao.us/
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse