Organization: Metropolitan Utilities District
Title: Intern - GIS
Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Application Deadline: 2023-05-31
To apply visit: http://www.mudomaha.com/our-company/careers
Job Title: Intern - GIS Infrastructure Integrity Part-Time
Starting Wage: $21.50
7350 World Communications Drive Omaha, Nebraska
M-F; 1st Shift
General Position Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, provides daily project support to Infrastructure Integrity, which
includes Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data entry, scanning, filing of documents, and other
special projects as assigned. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical skills and must be a
part of daily activities.
1. Completed a minimum of one (1) year of college level coursework, preferably in geography,
information technology, engineering, or a closely related or technical field of study. Must be
currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate program or if a recent graduate, must be pursuing
post graduate hours.
2. Previous experience with ESRI GIS software is preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Aptitude and willingness
to work with new software.
4. Experience with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software is preferred.
5. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
6. Exceptional organizational skills including ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks,
and adapt quickly to changing work demands and interruptions.
7. Must exhibit good analytical ability.
8. Ability to work independently on a consistent basis is preferred.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers,
co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
10. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes,
office lighting and noise.
11. Employees in this position are covered under the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol
testing provisions. This includes random testing.
1. Analyze water and gas leak reports or water and gas service cards and populate key fields in GIS
from the data on these forms.
2. Process various records and drawings into GIS as needed.
3. Assist with transfer of documents to permanent electronic storage.
4. Assist with miscellaneous special projects as needed.
5. Understand and comply with all pertinent District policies and procedures. rm a variety of other
duties as assigned.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse