Organization: Southern Tier Central Regional Planning & Development Board
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Corning, NY
SOUTHERN TIER CENTRAL REGIONAL
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT BOARD (STC)
8 Denison Parkway East, Suite 310
Corning, New York 14830
Salary Range - $45,000 - $65,000
An opening for GIS Specialist is available immediately at Southern Tier Central Regional Planning and Development Board.
Unique job opportunity to work at a Regional Planning Board and provide highly technical assistance and training to governments and organizations within a three County region. STC seeks a dynamic individual who not only has the skills to manage and maintain GIS data and services but also to interact with local Governments and counterparts. Independent judgment is encouraged for carrying out the details of the work. Applicant must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains Enterprise Geodatabases and servers for broad use in GIS and web mapping environment
• Develop and maintain a GIS Hub page and series of online apps and tools
• Develop protocols for loading spatial data using data modeling and attribute mapping and manages the defined workflow routines
• Administration of ArcGIS Online users, roles and credits
• Assists in scheduling upgrades and roll-out of patches into various environments
• Develop procedures for applying service packs and upgrades for ESRI software and SQL Server
• Perform geodatabase backups and quality checks
• ArcGIS/ArcPro with geodatabase development, editing, analysis, and QA/QC
• Provide technical GIS assistance to the region’s municipal governments and non-profits
• Works with regional counterparts to expand cooperation, data sharing and GIS services
• Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, and have strong organizational skills
• Data analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong teamwork and communication skills
Applicants are requested to provide writing and mapping samples,
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (this is a civil service position):
a) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Technology, Photogrammetry/Remote Sensing, Geography, or a closely related field with similar course curriculum.; or
b) Successful completion of a GIS Certificate Program from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant GIS Certificates.; or
c) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma, and possession of a GIS Professional Certification (GISP) from the GIS Certification Institute; or
d) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two (2) years of full-time paid experience, or its part-time paid equivalent, creating and editing geographic data, computer mapping, performing GIS analysis, using a GIS or other computerized mapping system, or training others in the use of GIS or other computerized mapping systems; or
e) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (a) through (d) above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate to the vehicles operated or otherwise demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the job.
STC is a small organization that has the workplace flexibility of a non-profit with the benefits and job security of a government position. Benefits include a 35-hour flexible work week, New York State retirement and a platinum health insurance plan. STC is looking to find someone who can join our 9-member team that includes economic developers, planners and flood mitigation experts. If you are an experienced, creative individual who feels this might be a good fit, please apply!
Salary commensurate with experience.
SEND RESUME AND WRITING AND MAPPING SAMPLES TO: Chelsea Robertson at [email protected]
Please let us know where you found this listing – it will help us when we advertise future positions.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse