Organization: RedCastle Resources
Title: Geospatial Developer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or remote
RedCastle Resources is a small, employee-friendly company providing geospatial and information technology support to the USDA Forest Service, Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC) in Salt Lake City, Utah. GTAC is a national center of excellence within the Forest Service for remote sensing and geospatial data analysis, training, and data provisioning. GTAC assists National Forests, Regional and Washington Offices, Research, International Programs, and other federal agencies by using advanced geospatial technologies for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources. Our team of developers supports various GTAC, Forest Service, and interagency projects.
Geospatial Developers have responsibility for the development of various web, web map, and native applications for the US Forest Service and GTAC, including potential involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
● Ability to effectively contribute to projects throughout the full development lifecycle.
● Experience building spatially enabled websites and web-map applications.
● Excellent .NET skills, including key concepts such as MVC, MVVM, LINQ, and Entity Framework.
● Demonstrated experience building .NET WPF applications.
● Experience with PostgreSQL / PostGIS or other spatially-enabled SQL databases.
● Knowledge of geospatial data formats, geographic coordinate systems, and imagery formats.
● BA/BS in Computer Science, Geography, or related degree, with 2+ years’ development experience.
Preferred additional qualifications:
● Demonstrated experience building applications with ESRI SDKs and using ESRI APIs.
● Familiarity with ArcGIS Enterprise/Server and other commercial geospatial software packages.
● Experience with version control software and CI/CD (e.g. Artifactory, GitHub, TeamCity, Jenkins).
● Experience with Telerik and Kendo UI components for .NET development.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated initiative and be able to participate effectively in a team environment. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required for this position. A desire to creatively solve complex problems and apply new and innovative technologies is essential. Our developers’ focus is on geospatial and mapping application development that directly supports resource and forest management efforts.
Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position. Full-time employees are eligible for a complete benefits package including health insurance, childcare flexible spending account, company matching 401K and profit sharing, disability and dental plans, and paid vacation and holidays. If you are interested in applying, see posting at www.redcastleresources.com and submit a cover letter and resume. Phone calls and emails are welcome for additional information.
RedCastle Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse