Organization: City of Miami, Oklahoma
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Miami, Oklahoma
Department: Public Utilities
Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Public Utilities
Work Schedule: Mon-Thurs 10-hour days
Amount of Travel Required: None
Location: Operations Center
Positions Supervised: 0
This position performs geographic and non-geographic data management, cartography and utilizes GIS methodology using a variety of software environments.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Develop and maintain Geodatabases, datasets, feature classes and attributes for a variety of Geographic data.
• Design and integrate necessary geodatabase domains.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to quality.
• Compile, manipulate, refine, and integrate geographic data from a variety of sources including AutoCAD, MicroStation, public domain data warehouses, field collection, aerial photographs, remote sensing and
existing geographical data.
• Understanding of the methods to extract and integrate data into GIS from multiple formats, including but not limited to: CAD, KMZ / KML, Excel, DBF, Access, TXT and XYZ data.
• Understand and utilize geodatabase topology to maintain quality GIS data.
• Use ArcGIS online to create sharable maps, apps, manage data and users.
• Perform quality assurance and quality control for active GIS projects.
• Coordinate and prepare data for field work and data collection.
• Work with engineering and surveying companies to provide necessary project data and integrate their professional information back into the City’s GIS.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Knowledge of GIS practices and methodology.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and adjust to changes in priority.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to think outside the box providing innovative solutions using GIS and other new technologies.
• Proficient in ArcGIS software. Especially ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and all levels of ArcGIS Online.
• Proficient in in Microsoft Office; Especially Excel.
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Ability to discover and embrace new technology to streamline existing workflows and processes.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to train end users.
• Technical Skills
• Computer Skills
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associates Degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited school in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Work experience may be considered as an alternative to a degree.
Experience: One to three years’ experience working with GIS. Experience using ESRI Arc Desktop software and ArcGIS Online. Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation a plus.
Computer Skills: Intermediate skills in Excel, basic skills in all other Microsoft Office Software.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
Driving record must be acceptable to insurance carrier.
Stand - O
Walk - O
Sit - C
Handling / Fingering - C
Reach Outward - O
Reach Above Shoulder - N
Climb - N
Crawl - N
Squat or Kneel - N
Bend - N
10 lbs or less - O
11-20 lbs - O
21-50 lbs - O
51-100 lbs - N
Over 100 lbs - N
12 lbs or less - F
13-25 lbs - O
26-40 lbs - N
41-100 lbs - N
To apply and view the full posting with descriptionhttps://www.miamiokla.net/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=98&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=GEOGRAPHIC-INFORMATION-SYSTEMS-GIS-SPECI-299
Questions: [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse