Organization: Conquest Tech Sols, Inc
Title: GIS Technical Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Hope you are doing well,
We are looking for a GIS Technical Manager for a contract position at Atlanta, GA. Please review below job details and send me your most updated profile, Appreciate if you can refer your friends or colleagues who might be looking for a job.
Title: GIS Technical Manager
Duration 8+ Months
Location: 600 West Peachtree Street, N.W Atlanta, GA 30308
Client: State of GA
Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is required by Federal law to maintain a statewide set of public road data attributes and geospatially enabled public roadway network or base map. These data sets also support all tabular and geospatial databases within GDOT. The Department also receives public road centerline mileage updates from local governments to support Local Maintenance Improvement Grants for local roads.
The Technical Manager (Local Government Coordinator) will act as the lead point of contact and GIS manager for the Local Government Coordination effort between the Georgia Department of Transportation’s Office of Transportation Data, University of Georgia's Information Technology Outreach Services and approximately 700 local governments within the State of Georgia.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the program that acquires and maintains the local road characteristics data and if available, spatial road centerlines from the local governments and integrating that data with GDOT’s Road Characteristics database and GIS Statewide road network. The successful candidate will bring strong GIS knowledge coupled with excellent communication skills. He or she must be able use GIS products to convey concepts to all levels of individuals who are either GIS experts or have never used a computer. The selected candidate will need strong Project Management skills to manage a diverse team located all over the state. Travel within the state and possible overnight trips may be required.
Experience and qualifications:
• A Bachelor Degree in GIS, Geography, Information Systems or a closely related field.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in managing geospatial projects and coordination efforts
• Strong Project Management experience
• Program Development experience
• Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
• Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
• Thorough knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products version 10.x
• Firm understanding of relational databases and experience with their design
• Knowledge of Linear Referencing Systems and Dynamic Segmentation
• Experience in coordinating with or working in County/City level government
• Self-motivated with demonstrated work experience in delivering results
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of varying technical skill levels
Thanks & Regards
IT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition Team
Conquest Tech Solutions, Inc. | www.conq-tech.com
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE 19806
P: (415) 424-4275 (Desk) | Fax: 302-288-6485
E: email@example.com | G-talk : henry.conquest17
I would greatly appreciate to be connected with you on LinkedIn Network.