Organization: Cherokee Nation Technologies
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins, CO
The Army Geospatial Center (AGC) mission is to provide timely, accurate, and relevant geospatial information, capabilities, and domain expertise for Army Geospatial Enterprise (AGE) implementation in support of unified land operations.
The AGC is seeking a Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician Analyst to aid in its mission.
• Produce Urban Tactical Planner (UTP) geospatial datasets for the specified areas for the Army Geospatial Center (AGC) using information from Army and other sources
• Capture spatial and attribute data in the analysis and compilation of military terrain (both natural and urban), water resources, and environmental data (or similar studies)
• Develop and deliver data according to the UTP Digitizing Field Guide, Standard Operating Procedures, and Specifications.
• Provide quality assurance for development of Urban Tactical Planner (UTP) geospatial datasets
• Update and maintain ArcGIS and related software
• Associate’s degree or technical training in a computer or GIS related field or 1 year of equivalent work experience required. A bachelor’s degree in remote sensing, geospatial science, natural resources, geography or similar relevant field and 6 months of related experience preferred. Prior experience with Urban Tactical Planner (UTP) a plus
• Knowledge of GIS and remote sensing concepts and analytical techniques, including computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis
• Skilled in analyzing and manipulating geospatial information
• Knowledge of GIS database administration and management principles, methods and techniques, including quality control methods and practices
• Knowledge of GIS software tools and applications including but not limited to ArcGIS and Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of methods, procedures and techniques for the preparation, review for accuracy and updating of geospatial information
• Ability to read and interpret map information in order to extract information and accurately digitize map features
• Plan, organize, integrate, monitor, and maintain a comprehensive GIS and its related applications to meet mapping and customer service objectives, including developing long-range GIS system goals
• Work collaboratively and effectively with project teams including user representatives and outside resources and others encountered in the course of work both inside and outside of government
Applicants selected will be subjected to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job #10729 on-line at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following two links:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf