Organization: Palmetto Engineering and Consulting, LLC
Title: GIS Technician/GIS Intern - Temporary PT or Full-Time
Location: Piedmont, SC
OVERVIEW: Palmetto Engineering & Consulting, LLC, a professionally licensed engineering and consulting firm, specializing in industrial electrical and telecommunications disciplines, is currently seeking to hire part-time or full-time temporary GIS Interns. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing company that enables professional development and personal achievement. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire and aptitude for additional learning and be capable of working in a team environment, striving for quality.
JOB SITE: Piedmont, SC
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Graduate of, or current student in, a 2 or 4 year program with an emphasis on GIS, planning, geography, computer science, or an associated field heavily weighted or a combination of work experience and/or training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Familiarity in the use of ESRI GIS software, ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
• Knowledgeable in the use of MS SQL, MS Excel, and MS Access.
Qualifications beneficial, but not required:
• Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
• Knowledge of electric utility systems.
• Ability to interpret electrical distribution specifications and drawings.
• Ability to interpret telecommunication outside plant specifications.
• Proficiency in languages and tools such as: SQL, Python, FME, ArcGIS Model Builder, and other spatial data processing tools a plus.
• Ability to consult clients in best practices for data management including workflows, tools, governance models, and integration patterns.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
• Create, edit, integrate, verify, and manage geospatial data and attributes using GIS software.
• Compile and extract geographic data from a variety of sources.
• Perform GIS database conversions to and from different formats.
• Assist and support Project Managers in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines.
• Communicate task status, needs and issues to team members and managers.
• Document and maintain records of data processing procedures and decisions.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, organize, adjust to changing priorities, and work cooperatively.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This is a paid opportunity which offers flexible scheduling for approximately 20 to 40 hours per week. Pay will be dependent upon experience. This opportunity is for approximately 2.5 months with the possibility for extension, depending on project needs. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening and must report to the Piedmont office for work.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit resumes, cover letter not necessary, by e-mail to Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1864-846-8122 or request employment application (864-846-8156). EOE.