Organization: Western Land Services
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Cannonsburg, PA USA, Grand Rapids, MI USA
GIS Analysts collect, manage, interpret, and utilize GIS data from a variety of sources for an assortment of applications in the oil and gas industry; maintain data layers for leasehold, pipeline, units, wells, parcels, etc.; produce reports and maps for internal and client use. Potential work locations include Ludington, MI & Grand Rapids, MI.
* Locate, map, attribute, and track parcels, leases, drilling units, ROW, etc.
* Understand and apply basic cartographic principles
* Utilize available data to create accurate, inclusive reports and high quality maps
* Convert data between various file types
* Coordinate geometry and decipher legal descriptions
*Retrieve, read, and interpret information from technical sources
*Interdepartmental collaboration across multiple disciplines – providing support to clients, project managers, title examiners, land agents, lease analysts, and others
* 2 years experience in mapping and GIS software, preferably ArcGIS
* Bachelor's Degree in Geology, GIS, or a related field
* Familiarity with basic cartographic principles
* Familiarity with Geodatabase design, structure, and management
* Experience using GIS applications for mapping parcels, leases, and ROW
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
To apply for this position, visit our website at www.westernls.com/careers .