Organization: RedCastle Resources, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Developer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA
RedCastle Resources is an innovative, employee‐friendly company providing on‐site Remote Sensing, GIS, and Information Technology support to the Remote Sensing Applications Center (now Geospatial Technology and Applications Center, GTAC) and other Forest Service units, for over 18 years. RedCastle Resources assists the National Forest System, GTAC, Research Stations, and interagency partners by using advanced geospatial technologies for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources. Our team of developers build a diverse set of applications in support of all aspects of forest management.
• Development experience building RESTful web services;
• Experience with PostgreSQL and/or PostGIS, or other relevant SQL;
• BA/BS with 1 year experience (graduate degree in lieu of experience, or experience in lieu of BA/BS is acceptable).
• Experience with version control (Git) and build servers (Jenkins) for Continuous Delivery systems;
• Knowledge of geospatial data formats, geographic coordinate systems, ArcGIS, and GDAL;
• Web map development experience, particularly using ESRI APIs and/or Leaflet.
Successful candidates will complete projects both independently and as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, adapt to changing client priorities, and have good communication skills. The work environment is relaxed, but the projects are often challenging, innovative, and instrumental in management decisions for the National Forests. A desire to creatively solve complex problems and to learn and apply new technologies is essential.
Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience. This is a full time position. Full time employees are eligible for a complete benefits package including health insurance, childcare flexible spending account, company matching 401K and profit sharing, disability and dental plans, and paid vacation and holidays.
If you are interested in applying, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone calls and emails are welcome for additional information:
E‐mail: email@example.com For additional information, please call (801) 322‐5100.
RedCastle Resources, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.