Title: Onsite BIM Specialist (Geospatial Technician)
Location: Orlando, FL
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®, we believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Building Information Modeling (BIM) Specialist onsite at a major central Florida airport near Orlando, FL.
The BIM Specialist will work collectively with the Program Managers/Program Directors, cross-functional client team members and internal Woolpert departments. This individual will review and integrate BIM as-built deliverables into the airport’s GIS database, work with model standards, integrate data with Facility Operations and Maintenance, provide data management, file maintenance and updates, and exports.
• Review contract drawings, specification, construction standards, Engineers design criteria and other job specific requirements
• Produce BIM that complies with design criteria, contract requirements and applicable code
• Use existing design material to create new documents, images and visual communication products to illustrate project work to clients
• Create 3D BIM models to a high level of accuracy
• Setup and manage large sheets sets including revisions and markups for each project. Plot drawings to PDF, DWG, or to paper plots
• Consult with Project team and client regard special drafting, presentation, documentation needs
• Maintain department project data and files
• Track project schedules and milestones
• Resolve coordination related issues
• Conduct and apply project research as directed
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science Architecture or Construction Management, or related field required
• 2+ years of BIM related Design and/or Construction experience within software applications/architecture/engineering and/or geospatial industry
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Revit, FME and Esri, and other BIM modelling software
• Must be able to satisfy airport clearance and badging requirements
• Previous Aviation or Airfield industry experience is a plus
• Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products and Visio
• Understand customer workflows and author documentation on advanced topics
• Able to graphically present information clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
• Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering/Geospatial industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/resource/ourvision/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOO1009/JobBoard/97967b39-b3fa-4972-8da3-2af68e0ffa86
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace