Organization: Davis Demographics
Title: GIS Technician - Internship
Location: Dallas, TX
Under the direction of Project Managers, responsibilities will include the collection of various types of data for developing and updating our GIS planning databases, telephone follow-up with developers to update subdivision construction schedules, geocoding student databases with ArcGIS, map production and other tasks that may arise. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a leading K12 demographic company.
1) Medical and retirement compensation.
2) Two weeks vacation (accrued).
3) One week sick time.
4) 40 hour workweek (Monday – Thursday 9 hrs. and Friday 4 hrs.).
5) Paid holidays off.
1) Working knowledge using Esri ARCGIS 10 and Microsoft.
2) Good communication and telephone skills.
3) Excellent writing skills with attention to details in a fast-paced work environment.
4) Proficient in map making.
5) Familiarity with public entities. Experience with urban planning is a plus.
6) Ability to travel to visit clients and conduct research.
Email your resume to email@example.com with a subject line of “GIS Technician / Intern” if you qualify and are interested in this excellent opportunity.