Organization: MGP, Inc.
Title: GIS Specialist in Training
Location: Des Plaines, IL
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing company in our Specialist in Training Program. The program was developed in August 2013 to help develop our GIS Specialist. Our program offers a stable and secure work environment that enables professional development and personal achievement. The program is 12 weeks long with 40hrs/week, hourly position.
MGP is a full service GIS (Geographic Information Systems) consulting firm that specializes in small and medium-size local government. Established in 1998, MGP is recognized as a leading innovator of GIS solutions.
The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, structured planning and project management regimen, technical capabilities, innovative thinking, professionalism, and sincerity. The applicant must have a strong work ethic with a team perspective and a desire to succeed.
After program is completed, you will be placed to work onsite at one of our Chicagoland municipalities.
* Undergraduate degree in Geography, GIS, or related field
* Entry level - 2 years of experience
* Local government background preferred
* Public utility or engineering industry also considered
* 1 year plus experience with ArcGIS Desktop
* AutoCAD or Microstation experience also considered
* Microsoft Office Products including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
MGP is an equal opportunity employer.